While I’m not quite back into the swing of blogging I’ve been doing a lot of pattern creation this past month. My major project right now is getting this pattern turned into iron on transfers and kits. Maybe it’s just me, but the idea of embroidery materials laid out and waiting to be packaged is really exciting (I hope it’s as fun as I imagine because I’m diving right in!) There’s a lot to think about though, shipping, packaging, reformatting files for print. I’m getting close but for now Blush Bouquet is in my shop as a PDF download.
I'm also currently reworking this pattern. The original has been pretty popular but I'm already liking it so much better!
Hello, It's been a really long time! I thought it was high time to tell you all about my new venture.
These last three months I have been completely immersed in needlepoint. Everything was put on hold, my blog, embroidery patterns I had been developing, social media, to focus on this one project. It actually feels amazing to be heading toward one goal and putting all my energy into it.
I am building a portfolio of needlepoint canvases…the long term goal is to become a needlepoint canvas designer. And I am loving it! It's such a perfect mix of my two loves, embroidery and illustration. On the side I am still stitching this project. There is definitely a difference between canvas work (the English version of needlepoint) and needlepoint, so I'm learning a lot and thanks to my friend and mentor the Paris piece is coming along pretty quickly.
I will be reentering the blogging world, embroidery pattern creation, and social media…asap. I have so many exciting ideas brewing, I'm eager to start again. For now, watch this space for a full disclosure of my new project. In the meantime, here are a few snapshots from my insta account.
Thank you so much to everyone for your comments! The winner of this giveaway is June Garner! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address and I will get your kit packed up and on it’s way.
Happy Stitching everyone!
I’m so excited to have a tutorial on the Sew Mama Sew blog today. They are just a joy to work with.
In honor of that, I’m giving away all the materials needed to complete the Embroidered Hoop Art - Sweet Posy (pictured above). That will include;
Pre-printed pattern on teal cotton fabric
10 skeins of stranded cotton
6 inch hoop
…Everything you need to create your own hoop art.
Just comment on this post! I’ll randomly pick a winner this Friday. (So check back here this Friday or leave your email address in the comments).
Thank you all for your lovely support!
Hurray! I’m finally done stitching what I’ve been calling my “Italian Scene!”. Doesn’t it make you want to go to Europe and stroll the streets with gelato in hand? Anyway, I took it off the frame a few days ago and am now working to turn it into a pattern. I’ll also be offering it as a kit. I shared a snapshot over on Instagram, so thought I’d share a few photos here as well.
It was a fun piece to stitch, especially after I ‘hung’ the laundry. I was uncertain about the color scheme for quite some time but after the fabric was attached everything fell into place. I love the touch of appliqué.
I’m excited to be offering something a bit more complex (a pattern for the intermediate embroiderer) than the usual motif embroidery pattern. Watch this space for a shop announcement!
UPDATE: You can now find this pattern available as a PDF Download in my shop. I'll also be offering it as a kit as soon as possible!
I’m deviating from my usual bright colored post to talk about a project I recently completed. A gal approached me about embroidering the names of her children and grandchildren onto a Christening slip that had been passed down to her. The names of her family have been added since the 1950s. It took me a bit of experimenting to figure out the perfect way to stitch such a delicate piece. I didn’t want to use a transfer pencil or fading maker as they can have a damaging effect over time. In the end I used tissue paper, time consuming but totally non damaging.
I designed the names and dates in Photoshop and afterwards adjusted them by hand to match the old names stylistically. My goal was that the top four names completely matched the bottom six. I traced the names onto acid free tissue paper with a very hard pencil, and attached them to the slip with a basting stitch. Then I embroidered the names using one strand of white cotton floss and a tiny stem stitch. Each line took my about three hours.
It was such a great experience! This slip is the first heirloom I’ve worked on. I was so pleased to be entrusted with it, and so very pleased with the final result.