I ran out of white linen yesterday. While I was digging around trying to find a good background piece, I came across a white lacy napkin… perfect for this pattern. After all, it’s Valentines day, the perfect excuse to be as frilly as possible. So pull out your doily stash and put it to good use!
A vintage doily or lacy napkin
Pink Floss (DMC 3608)
Red Floss (DMC 666)
Dark blue floss (DMC 3810)
Light blue floss (DMC 964)
Yellow floss (DMC 728)
Brown floss (DMC 976)
Download the pattern here.
1. Transfer the design to a doily (for more in depth instructions click here).
2. Begin by stitching the bird in light and dark blue, using two strands of floss. Use a small Stem stitch (refer to the stitch and color guide in the download).
3. Make two small Straight stitches with three strands of light yellow floss for the beak.
4. Stitch the branch in a Back stitch using four strands of brown floss.
5. Stitch the feet (over the top of the branch) using two strands of light yellow floss. Use a small Stem stitch.
6. Stitch the hearts in a Satin Stitch using one strand of red and pink floss.
7. Send as a valentine to someone special!